Waxing is a temporary method of hair removal which removes the hair from the root. New hairs will not grow back in the previously waxed area for three to six weeks, varying from person to person. Waxing is accomplished by spreading wax thinly (for strip wax) over the area to be treated. A strip is then pressed on the top and removed with a quick movement against the direction of hair growth. This removes the wax along with the hair and dead skin cells, leaving the skin smooth. For sensitive and small areas hot wax (bees wax, hard wax) will be applied and will be removed after setting together with the hairs.After hair removal a soothing lotion will be applied to help calm the skin.For the best results the hair should be half centimetre long but most shorter hairs can be also removed.
I use Perron Rigot hypoallergenic waxes.
Benefits of waxing:
- Hairs take longer to grow back.
- Area stays smoother for longer.
- No itching or stubble feeling as the hairs are growing back.
- Waxed hair becomes finer and sparser over time.
- Waxing removes hair with the root, shaving shears hair in the middle at its thickest point, so it grows back thicker.
- Waxing removes the entire hair follicle.
- If kept up consistently year round, repeated waxing can result in weakened hair follicles, so that many unwanted hairs no longer grow back.
- Any area can be treated to remove unwanted hair.
Apointments available: Mondays and Sundays 8:00 am - 8:00pm
To book an appointment please use the email facility on the Contact page