Massage is a great relaxation therapy that can ease tension, anxiety and stress, symptoms. Regular massage sessions give an excellent feel good factor as they are relaxing and de-stressing as well as being re-energising and stimulating. It can help to alleviate the build up of tension. The basic goal of massage therapy is to help the body heal itself and to increase health and well-being.
Massage can help:
- Stretching shortened muscle fibres and relieving muscle tension and fatigue.
- Improve mobility in the joints
- Relieve tension headaches, aches and pains and congestion.
- Reduce stress, anxiety and repressed feelings and elevating the mood.
- Stimulate endorphins from the brain.
- Relax and relieving eye strain and tired eyes (Indian Head Massage).
- Improve concentration and promote clearer thinking.
- Promote sleep.
- Restore the energy flow to the body and creating a feeling of balance, calm and wellbeing and improve circulation of blood and lymph.
- Soften and moisturise the skin.
- Stimulate the lymphatic system to aid removal of toxins in the body.
- Promoting weight loss (in conjunction with adequate diet and exercise).
SWEDISH BODY MASSAGE
The Swedish Body Massage uses deep massage techniques specifically aimed at relaxing the muscles. The main purpose is to increase oxygen and nutrients flow to the muscles and help the body to remove the build up of toxins.This deeply restorative traditional massage is designed for tired, stressed and aching muscles.The neuromuscular techniques relieve muscular tension and leave you feeling calm and at ease.The Swedish Body Massage can be performed for any area of the body for example legs, back, arms or for the whole body.
INDIAN HEAD MASSAGE
Indian head massage is based on the ancient system of medicine known as Ayurveda, which has been practised in India for thousands of years. The upper back, upper arms, shoulders, neck, scalp and face (all energy centres where tension is most likely to accumulate) are gently or firmly massaged until the pressure begins simply to melt away. If required it can be performed over clothing.
All massage treatments can be chosen to suit your preferences and needs.
You can choose a full body massage for 60 or 90 minutes or just 30 minutes back massage. It all depends on your time and needs.
Massage can help you improve different conditions such as stress, sleeping problems, anxiety, etc.
Please note: As a beauty therapist I do not attempt to diagnose any condition. My suggestions for a treatment and/or product will be based on information given during the consultation, will be aimed to meet your expectations and only if there is not any medical condition that may prevent your treatment. Conditions that may prevent your treatment will be discussed before your appointment and during the consultation.
Apointments available: Mondays and Sundays 8:00 am - 8:00pm
To book an appointment please use the email facility on the Contact page